Two advocates, Linda Miller, Executive Director of Civil Society and Salima Khakoo an immigration lawyer receive advocate Excellence Award from Imprisoned Show. Civil Socieyt s a non profit representing victims of human trafficking in Minnesota and Salima represents victims as a brobono lawyer during the rpocess of getting their immigration status.
The Advocate Excellence Award is dedicated to honor outstanding advocates helping victims of human trafficking across the world.
Previous recepients of the Advocate Award are
- Lori Germscheid of Anoka County, Anoka, Minnesota, United States
- Bri Chomilo of Home Free Shelter for Battered Women
- Kirsten Olsen of Legal Aid
- Becki hardeman of Alexandra House
- Joseph Baseckle, a Minnesota based taxi driver that helped Bukola oriola in the process of regaining her freedom
Victims and survivors are encouraged to nominate their advocates for the AE award by sending answers to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do you think your advocate deserves the award:
How long have you known your advocate:
Your advocate’s contact:
Can we mention your name on TV?
Note: Submission through www.imprisonedshow.com becomes the sole property of the Imprisoned Show.